If anything, I can get it on and off the stove in a jiffy…just not fast enough for this issue. Here are a few of my recipes: (The photos are not mine, but they look enough like my dishes, and they received proper credit) -Victorine
Cheating Eggplant Parmesan
Photo by Melanie Dompierre from Pexels
Olive Oil pan spray (optional)
1 Tbs olive oil
1 large eggplant
1-2 Tbs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
1 t spn Italian Seasoning
1 yellow onion chopped
1 chopped clove garlic
1 cup mixed mushrooms
½ tsp coarse black pepper
1 can hot chili tomatoes(the famous Rotel) or chopped tomatoes.( Include liquid from can)
Sprinkle with cheese (I use grated mozzarella, feta, and top with parmesan)
½ tsp Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Slice eggplant with skin on in thin-med slices.
- Spray and/or oil large skillet. I use wrought iron.I spray pan to limit use of so much olive oil
- Place eggplant slices in pan over medium heat
- Add Liquid Aminos, Ital. Seasoning, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and black pepper.
- Lower heat and cook until eggplant is tender About 10-15 mins.
- Drain tomatoes pour over panned eggplant mixture. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. The Liquid Amino should provide the salt needed, but you can use salt to taste.
- Sprinkle with cheese, which melts on top.
- You could also add your preference of cooked meat prior to the tomatoes.
- Spoon up and get down!
Quick and Easy – Soup
Start with 1 box of organic Chicken or Vegetable stock
- Stalk of celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Tbsn Tumeric
- 1Tbsn Cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste (Liquid Amino is a great alternative for salt)
- Sprinkle of ginger for spice
- Sliced avocado
- Add whatever you like – onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes (I love sundried and stewed), peppers, carrots, squash, spinach, cooked chicken, potatoes (adding potatoes means longer cooking)
Pour all ingredients in a pot. Let them boil, then simmer until vegetables are tender. It doesn’t take long before soup’s up. However, the more you simmer, the more intense the flavor.
Serve with avocado on top, and you could add rice, noodles. I prefer solo.
Salads (I cheat)
Buy a mixed salad like the kale one with all the greens. Place in a storage bowl and add spinach and leaf lettuce, olives, and tomatoes. When time to serve, I add anything else I want to the plated salads, but the mixture of greens is already in place and ready to store for use.