She’s baaack!!! After spending time in the country with family during COVID quarantine, Sarin and her daughter, Garnet, are back on the scene. This is what she prepared for us:
Thai Seafood Salad
- 8-9 Shrimp
- 7 oz. Squid
- 2 stalks Lemongrass
- 1/2 Brown or Yellow Onion
- 5 Red Shallots
- 2 Green onions
- 2 Tablespoons Coriander / Cilantro Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Spearmint
- 5 Thai Hot Chilies
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Thai Roasted Chili Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons fresh Lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
1) Clean the shrimp and squid well, then blanch it in boiling water for 30 seconds.
2) Chop and slice the fresh ingredients.
3) Blend the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and chili sauce to make the salad dressing.
4) Toss everything together and serve.
There are two things that characterize Sarin — her laughter and her food. Sarin is passionate about food, especially Thai food, and she cooks and teaches cooking traditional Thai with her own twist. Sarin also loves being a wife and mother.